Thursday, October 11, 2007

Pacquiao Spoiler

The unconsciounable airing of advertisements by GMA 7 in the Paquiao--Barrera rematch last Oct 7 made me, and the poor people like me who could not afford to watch a live telecast, feel exploited. I was very tired last Sunday not because of the fight but because of the waiting for the numerous advertisements to be over with right after every round. Even the singing of the national anthem was interrupted! Watching paquiao fight that day was a burden. How many tricycle drivers, pedicab drivers, jeepney drivers, etc., lost an extra income because of those advertisements? GMA 7 was earning so much at the expense of poor people.

News about Pacman does not interest me anymore. I suffered when I watched him fight. Now I still suffer every time I hear his name. Compliments of GMA 7, I hate to hear the name of the man who made us Filipino proud.

I am not saying GMA 7 should not air advertisements. I am not even saying that they lessen their sponsors. What I am saying is, they should have regulated the length of advertisements so as not to unncessarily tire us. They should have made the advertisements shorter. The advertisers have no choice but to submit to the limitation because of their quest to have their products introduced to millions.

Where is the claim by GMA 7 that they give "serbisyong totoo"? All we witnessed was how they hoarded millions of pesos in TV ads at our, poor peoples', expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment