Sunday, March 18, 2007

The boxer

Manny Pacquiao is an inspiration.

He is the embodiment of determination and discipline.

I was there from the time he technically knocked out Marco Antonio Barrera until he literally floored Eric "the terrible" Morales. I was filled with pity for Eric however that instead of jumping with my family and all of his fans around the world to celebrate Pacquiao's victory, I was nailed on the floor.

Eric was helpless as helpless as anyone could be. He did everything, but Manny was just too fast and too strong for him.

It was terrible as terible can be.

Pacquiao keeps on getting better and stronger. I never thought he can still become better after the second fight he had with Eric.

But that is Manny the pacman Pacquiao, my inspiration.

What happened however to my inspiration, Manny the pacman Pacquiao, I do not understand. Suddenly, I saw him on TV raising his right hand with palms open and without gloves reciting the oath of allegiance of a political party. Then he announced he is running for the position of congressman of his province.

According to a study, the brain of a person who has a lot of exercise functions better than the brain of those who do not.

Pacquiao, on TV, to belie the grapevine that he was convinced to run by the Administration to capitalize on his popularity said, he was not influenced much more coerced by any one to enter politics. It was his own choice. Further, he said, the more people belittle his ability the more determined he becomes to become a congressman. It's like boxing, Pacman said. The more he gets hurt, the braver and the more determined he becomes.

He has floored people in the ring. He can also floor the problems a congressman has to solve. That's what manny seems to believe.

If he believes otherwise, what made him decide to run for congressman?

Am sure Manny knows a congressman proposes the laws and, according to the Constitution, there are spicific bills that must originate from the Lower House. I also heard Manny speak broken English, the language Philippine laws are written. I believe he understands it. And I am sure he also learns fast since his brain functions better because of exercise.

He has gone to places I may not even go to, and bought cars I may not even get to experience riding in, much more buying, one.

But, I can not vote for Manny not only because he is a candidate of a district in Mindanao which I am not from, but also and simply because Manny the pacman Pacquiao is a boxer.

No comments:

Post a Comment